The third speaker of the B&M platform will be Mr. Zagros Fatah. He is a Director General at Ministry of Planning /KRG. He received his B.A from Bristol University in UK in Economics and Finance in 2004 and later completed his MSc in University of Kurdistan Hawler In Business and Management.
He started to work for KRG in early 2005 as director in the council of Ministries and promoted to a Director General in 2006 where his work with Ministry of Planning started. From 2006 to 2013 he was responsible to oversee the international Development programs that were being implemented with the United Nation agencies, donor countries and international financial institutions. During this period Mr Zagros played an important role in managing the international programs which led to bring over 1 Billion US dollars of assistance to Kurdistan Region. In early 2013 he was moved to another General Directorate within the Ministry of Planning that was responsible for the capital investment budget of KRG where he has developed this department capacity and the process of budget management.
During his work in Ministry of planning he has worked on a wide scope of programs and projects, such as:
1. Establishing a Coordination Mechanism with the international donors.
2. Direct supervisor of the Kurdistan Region 2020 Vision.
3. Direct supervisor of Kurdistan Region Infrastructure Needs assessment with UNDP.
4. Establishing Kurdistan Development Management System.
5. Direct Supervisor of the WB and MOP report on the impact of the IDP’s and the stabilization plan.
6. He has actively participated in many international conferences, workshops and training.
7. He has directly worked on many research and reform programs on Health, Education, Labor Market , Public Financial Management, Social protection with well-known institutions such as World Bank, IMF , IFC, RAND Cooperation, JICA, KOICA , USAID and many UN agencies.
Interesting topic for students in the shadow of the financial crisis Kurdistan is going through.