Mission and Vision
University Vision: To be distinguished nationally and internationally for providing high quality learning opportunities and for carrying out research, enterprise and community engagement activities that are strongly linked to the needs and development of Kurdistan and the wider region.
University Mission: UKH’s mandate is to educate and train young talents to become the driving force for sustainable development, improving the standard of living and leading an intellectual life in the Kurdistan region and in Iraq in general. More specifically, UKH’s mission is to be recognized as a Centre of Excellence for:
- Providing high-quality learning opportunities that are driven by local vision and governed by high international standards;
- Producing graduates that not only have skills and knowledge in their discipline areas but are critical thinkers able to shape the future of the region and beyond;
- Disseminating and applying knowledge to further the industrial, economic, cultural and social development of Kurdistan and the region;
- Continuing education and life-long learning that plays a key role in the up-skilling of the workforce in Kurdistan and the region;
- Carrying out research, enterprise and community engagement activities that directly address the needs of Kurdistan.